Statement of Faith
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Among other Bible Truths, we Believe the Bible Teaches:
(1) TRINITY: We believe in one True God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfections.
(Deuteronomy 6:4; II Corinthians 13:14)
FATHER: We believe, God the father is eternal, omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. God is absolutely holy, righteous and just. His love and mercy were manifested in the atoning death of His only begotten son on Calvary.
SON: We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men. (John 1:1, 2, 14; Luke 1:35)
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross as our representative, vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice; and that our justification is made sure by His literal physical resurrection from the dead. (Romans 3:24, 25; I Peter 2:24; Ephesians 1:7; I Peter 1:3-5; Hebrew 1:3-4)
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended to heaven, and is now exalted at the right hand of God, where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor and Advocate. (Acts 1:9, 10; Hebrews 7:25; 9:24; Romans 8:34; I John 2: 1,2)
HOLY SPIRIT: We believe that the Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the Holy Trinity convicting the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment. And we believe that He is the Divine Teacher who guides believers into all truth; He is the super-natural agent in the regeneration, indwelling believers, guides them in all truth. It is the privilege and call of all the saved to be filled with the Spirit. He seals them unto the day of redemption.
(John 16:13; I John 2:20, 27; Ephesians 5:18 John 16:8-11; II Corinthians 3:6; I Corinthians 12:12-14; Romans 8:9; Ephesians 1:13,14)
(2) THE HOLY SCRIPTURES: We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, consisting of 66 books, to be the verbally inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and life, inerrant in the original writings, infallible and God breathed, and is superior to conscience and reason, but not contrary to reason. The Authorized King James Version of the Holy Bible is recommended for use by ministers and lay-leaders, and is recommended to the general EFN membership.
(II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21; Matthew 5:18; John 16:12-13)
(3) MAN, HIS FALL AND REDEMPTION: Man was made in the image of God, after his likeness. However, through Adam’s transgression and fall, sin came into the world. Nevertheless, redemption is possible for man and is made effective by Grace, through repentance for sin and Faith in atoning death of Jesus Christ, thus producing works acceptable to God. Only Christ the son of God can restore the fallen man to his pristine glory.
(Genesis 1:26, 27; Romans 3:22, 23, 5: 12; Ephesians 2:1-3, 12; Ephesians 2:8-10; John 1:12; Ephesians 1:7; I Peter 1:18-19)
(4) SATAN: We believe that Satan is the father of sin and the cause of the fall of man. He will be punished eternally in the lake of fire, which is reserved for him and his angels and whosoever is not found written in the Book of Life. (Mathew 25:41, Revelation 20:1, Isaiah 14:12,17)
(5) SALVATION: We believe that Salvation is Gift of God to man, unlike by the works of the law. To obtain salvation, one should repent of his/her sins, forsake them, believe on Lord Jesus Christ and confess it with his/her mouth. Thus, salvation is made effective by grace and through Faith in Jesus Christ, producing works acceptable to God. It is the privilege of believers to rejoice in the assurance of their salvation, through the testimony of God’s word, which however, clearly forbids the use of Christian liberty as an occasion to the flesh. (Galatians 2:16, Isaiah 55:7, Romans 3:24, Romans 13:13-14; Galatians 5:13; Acts 4:12; Titus 2:11- 15)
(6) SEPARATION AND HOLINESS: We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord Jesus Christ and that separation from all religious apostasy, worldly and sinful pleasures, practices and associations as commanded by God. This includes avoiding usage of tobacco, and alcoholic drinks, as well as forbidden habits including fornication, adultery, and pornography. The believer is sanctified by the Blood of Jesus, by the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit. We believe Bible teaches a life of Holiness ‘without which no man shall see God’.
(II Timothy 3: 1-5; Romans 12:1-2, 14: 13; I John 2: 15-17; II John 9-11; II Corinthians 6:14 – 7:1, Mathew 28:19, 20)
(7) THE GREAT COMMISSION (MISSIONS): We believe that it is the obligation of the saved to witness by life and by word to the truths of Holy Scripture and to seek to proclaim the Gospel to all mankind. It is the supreme duty and privilege of the church.
(Mark 16:15; Acts 1:8, II Corinthians 5:19-20)
(8) DIVINE HEALING: We believe that divine healing is operational; it is wrought by the power of God through the prayer of Faith and the laying of hands by saints in His name. God does hear and answer the prayer of faith in accordance with His own will, for the sick and afflicted. It is provided for, in the atoning death of Christ and is available to all who truly believe. (James 5:14,15; Mark 16:18; John 15:7; I John 5:14-15; Psalms 103:3; Isaiah 53:5)
(9) THE CHURCH: We believe that the Church, which is the body and the espoused bride of Christ, is a living spiritual organism.
(Ephesians 1:22-23; 5:25-27;Corinthians 12:12,14; II Corinthians 11:2)
We believe that the establishment and continuance of local churches is clearly taught and defined in the New Testament Scriptures. It’s faith and experience should confirm to and stand steadfast in the teaching of the apostles.
(Acts 14:27; 20: 17; I Timothy 3: 1-13; Titus 1:5-11)
The Ministry: That the ministers of the church such as Apostles, Prophets, Pastors, Teachers, Evangelists and Deacons, must be those who are called by the Holy Spirit, bestowed with gifts according to their different calling.
Ordination: For those who are specially set apart for ministry of the church, ordination should be by the laying on of hands as in the New Testament.
(10) HEAVEN AND HELL: We believe that Heaven is the hope and literal home of the saved in eternity and hell is a place of eternal separation from God for those who are lost.
(Matthew 25:31-46; Revelation 20:14,15; Luke 16:25,26)
We believe “Baptism” in water by full immersion and it is a direct commandment of God and shall be in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Baptism shall be administrated only to those who have truly repented, confess Jesus Christ as personal Savior and give evidence of being born again by ‘separation and holiness’ as described in Section 2:6. In so doing they declare to the world that they have died with Jesus, buried, and they have also been raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
(Matthew 28:19; Colossians 2:12; Romans 6:3-6;Acts 2:41; 8: 12; 9:18; 10:47-48)
Lord’s Supper: We believe that the Lord’s Supper is to be observed by all believers who are baptized in water. This also is a commandment of our Savior; being a memorial to His death and resurrection, and is to be observed ‘until He comes’. Only those who confess Jesus Christ as personal Savior and give evidence of being born again by ‘separation and holiness’ as described in Article III-6 can participate in the Lord’s Supper.
(1 Corinthians 11:26-31)
Feet Washing: We believe that washing of saint’s feet is to be observed as ordained by Jesus Christ with His own example of washing disciple’s feet.
(12) BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT: We believe that the baptism in the Spirit is a gift from God, as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to all believers in his dispensation. Believers should ardently expect and earnestly seek this promise of the Father. Baptism in the Spirit is received subsequent to ‘new birth’. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is evidenced by the speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit himself gives utterance, which is the physical sign and evidence thereof.
(Matthew 3:11; John 14:16,17; Acts 1:8; 2:4,38,39; 10:44-48)
(13) THE SECOND ADVENT OF CHRIST AND EVENTS: We believe in the “Blessed Hope,” or in other words, in the personal, imminent, pre-tribulation, and pre-millennial coming of the Lord Jesus Christ for His redeemed ones.
We believe that there is to be a great tribulation on the earth when Anti-Christ will be in his power soon after the coming of the Christ in the air, and the Rapture of the bride.
We believe that at the end of tribulation Jesus will come to earth in all His glory with His saints and establish His own kingdom of Righteousness for thousand years.
We believe that after the Millennium, Satan and his hosts will be cast forever into the lake of fire and there will be judgment before the Great White Throne for all the wicked who also will meet with the same punishment.
We believe that at the time of the Great Judgment this present earth and heaven shall be burned with fire and a New Heaven and a New Earth shall appear.
(I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Zechariah 14:4-11;
Revelation 19:11-16; I Thessalonians 1:10).
(14) THE ETERNAL STATE: We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment.
(Matthew 25:46; John 5:28,29; 11:25,26; Revelation 20: 5, 6, 12, 13)
We believe that the souls of the redeemed at their physical death are absent from the body and present with the Lord, where in conscious bliss they await the first resurrection, when spirit, soul, and body will be reunited to be glorified forever with the Lord.
(Luke 23:43; Revelation 20:4-6; II Corinthians 5:8; Philippians 1:23; 3:21; I Thessalonians 4: 16-17)
We believe that the souls of unbelievers remain, after death, in conscious misery until the second resurrection, when with soul and body reunited, they shall appear at the Great White Throne Judgment, and shall be cast into the Lake of Fire, not to be annihilated, but to suffer everlasting conscious punishment.
(Luke 16:19-26; Matthew 25:41-46; II Thessalonians 1:7-9; Jude 6-7; Mark 9:43-48; Revelation 20: 11-15)
(15) MARRIAGE: We believe only in the heterogeneous form of marriage, (between a man and a woman) which is ordained of God. God performed the very first marriage in human history in the garden of Eden.
We also believe God joins the marriage together, men shall not separate them. All marriages shall be conducted in accordance with scriptures. Marriage is honorable in all.
(Ephesians 5:22-31, Matthew 19:5-6, Mark 10:7-9, Malachi 2:15-16)
Divorce is not acceptable except as provided in the scriptures.
(I Corinthians 6:15-20, 7:10, 7:11, 7:39, Mark 10 7-12, Matthew 19:5-11)
(16) FAMILY: We believe the family is an establishment of God. He made the family as a symbol of the Church of God, appointing the man (father) as the priest and leader of the family, who should perform his duties, care and protect his wife and bring up children in the admonition of the Lord.
(Ephesians 5: 22-32, 6: 1-4; 1 Corinthians 7: 2-4)
(17) TITHES AND OFFERINGS: Both the Pastor as well as the Church members are strongly encouraged to bring their tithes and contributions into the local church.
(Malachi 3:10, Matthew 23:23, Hebrews 7:4-9, I Corinthians 16:1-2, II Corinthians 9:1; 9:6-15)
“May this Eleos For Nations, churches and ministries bring glory to God and blessings to many around the World, Amen!”